Monday, July 30, 2018

Welcome lawn mowing friends!

It's exciting to think we might be able to help people with their mower repair needs. When you don't have a functioning lawn mower it can really put you in the hole.

One of our neighbors had a problem with the city whent they had to send their riding mower away to have parts replaced. Not only was it hard for them to find someone to do the work, but they had to find a way to get their big mower there and then they had to wait for parts to come in!

Of course, it rained every other day during this time, so it didn't take any time at all for the grass to get higher than the 5 inches allowed by the city code. They were warned and brushed it off, and then the city's crew came out and mowed... to the tune of $340!! For some reason, the city required six men to mow their relatively short grass and rake and bag the clippings, since they didn't use a bagged mower. Oh, and sweeping.

Apparently it took the crew several hours of work.

Yes, they appealed, and no, it didn't matter. I guess that's one reason I'm starting this blog. I do not want this kind of thing to happen to anyone else. Our neighbors? They can afford the penalty. What happens to folks on the other side of town who can't afford to repair or replace their mower? How is being charged $300+ going to help?

I'm getting off topic here. THANK YOU for visiting. I hope you stop by to learn what to do when you're against the lawncare ropes!

No comments:

Post a Comment